Rick's never questioned much. He's gone along with his best friend Jeff even when Jeff's acted like a bully and a jerk. He's let his father joke with him about which hot girls he might want to date even though that kind of talk always makes him uncomfortable. And he hasn't given his own identity much thought, because everyone else around him seemed to have figured it out.
But now Rick's gotten to middle school, and new doors are opening. One of them leads to the school's Rainbow Spectrum club, where kids of many genders and identities congregate, including Melissa, the girl who sits in front of Rick in class and seems to have her life together. Rick wants his own life to be that . . . understood. Even if it means breaking some old friendships and making some new ones.
As they did in their groundbreaking novel GEORGE, in RICK, award-winning author Alex Gino explores what it means to search for your own place in the world . . . and all the steps you and the people around you need to take in order to get where you need to be.
About the Author
* "Gino's sophomore effort is every bit as affecting and important as their first novel, George." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "[You Don't Know Everything, Jilly P!'s] thoughtful handling of characters and dynamics offers fodder for further discussion about privilege in all its forms." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "A necessary and rewarding addition to any middle-grade collection." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Praise for George:
Winner of the Children's Stonewall Award
Winner of the Lambda Literary Award
A Children's Choice Book Awards Debut Author
* "Profound, moving, and -- as Charlotte would say -- radiant, this book will stay with anyone lucky enough to find it." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Warm, funny, and inspiring." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "There is pain in George, but not without the promise of a better tomorrow." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "George is an appealing, thoroughly believable character and her best friend Kelly adds humor and zest." -- Booklist, starred review
Please Note: Not all books displayed on this site are available in the store. Please call the store if you are looking for a specific book.